Thursday, July 21, 2011

Crankworx 2011 Day 6/ Ultimate Pump Track Challenge

Rain and mud

Having not lived in the Northwest this is possibly the muddiest day I have ever ridden.

Mom and sister leave

My mom and sis left today and I miss them.

Kevin Menard

One of the special things that happened today was riding with Kevin Menard.  Kevin is one of the owners of Transition Bikes, one of my sponsors.  I had spun several laps with Kevin and some other riders when Kevin began to wonder who I was and how I had obtained my sled.  I still don't think he realizes I am only 14.   

Pump Track Race

My dad and uncle walked with me up the dual slalom and giant slalom course to the pump track.  As we approached I saw Cody hanging out with the other athletes.  He seemed upbeat and after talking with him the reason was obvious.  Both he and Mitch had qualified in the top four and had first round byes.  They were riding well.

Cody and Mitch during pump track practice

Mitch gettin all style conscience during practice

As we watched qualifying continue it was obvious who had mastery over the track.  The disparity was that great.  Mitch,  the defending champion,  made everyone else look like pretenders.

Mitch sound asleep seconds before destroying another victim


In one of the semi's Mitch was racing Slavik who fell on an inside corner.  As Mitch went by he attempted to high five with Mitch, basically a gentleman's way of conceding.

Thomas Slavik on the gas

Sierra Smith looks good in jeans, sorry no picture.

Had Cody not bobbled on the final straight against Brosnan he would have advanced to the semi's.

Cody at the start of his race against Troy


Utah did real well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment